About this event
Connected Voice brings together the voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations serving Newcastle and Gateshead with the first of our Autumn 2022 Networking Events.
- Showcase and celebrate best and innovative practice
- Inspire participants with new ideas and ways to meet the needs of their communities
- Connect people and organisations to forge new partnerships and ways of working together to the same goals
This time we’re focusing on the variety of ways that VCSE organisations are working to ensure digital inclusion here in the North-East.
We’ll have a range of speakers from specialist VCSE organisations, and mainstream organisations working to support people in their engagement with the opportunities and challenges of digital inclusion- amongst beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and trustees. Confirmed speakers so far:
- Digital Voice for Communities
- Get Online Newcastle
- Connected Voice Advocacy
- Zoe Amar – One of the charity sector’s leading digital experts, and Chair of The Charity Digital Code of Practice..
It’s the perfect platform for you to share the experiences of your VCSE organisation in delivering innovative, successful projects engaging with digital inclusion- and learn from the experiences of others. We also want to hear of any challenges you’ve faced in delivery – including any you’ve not been able to overcome.
- Performance from a local artist
- Workshops with very practical outcomes for your own organisation.
Follow us on Twitter @ConnectedVoice_
Although restrictions have been lifted, we encourage participants to:
- Be mindful and respectful of those who may be vulnerable or anxious
- Don’t attend if you have symptoms of COVID
Note: Connected Voice is the voluntary sector infrastructure support organisation for Newcastle and Gateshead in the North-East of England. Free places at this event will be prioritised for VCSE organisations serving this part of our region. Registrations from outside our area, and our sector, may therefore be declined
All our Zoom training and events will have closed captions (automatic subtitles) enabled. We can also provide a BSL interpreter for training and events on request, but ask you to give us enough advance notice to enable this to be organised. To maximise resources, we are unable to provide BSL interpreters for all sessions unless we know this is essential.